We've moved to 3740 N. Josey Lane, Suite 102, Carrollton, TX 75007, Tel: 972-325-7232, Fax: 972-215-7333

foundation half double crochet

Posted by: deloris (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2009 06:00AM

don,t understand,ch3, insert hookin 2nd ch from hook, yo and draw up a loop, insert hook,in 3rd ch from hook, yo draw up a loop, yo and draw throughone loop on hook ("ch"of foundation made). yo and draw through 3 loops on hook( "hdc"made);***{ * yo , insert hook into the"ch"at the base of previous stitch ( inserting into the face of the chain and under the back nub, under two strands each time)yo and draw through one loop on hook, yo and draw through 3 loops on hoops;repeat for *lenght of foundation.} in brackets dont understand Thanks

Forums:

Posted by: Mother Hen (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2009 08:52AM

Hi D >
Gonna try to work this pattern stitch out > reads like a fancy cluster type stitch.
Does your instructions have a NAME listed for this ??

Thanks for a special sounding stitch >>>

Others will have some ideas on this,
but >> please post the NAME of the stitch if one is listed at the start of the pattern.

Mother Hen <><
" Creating Is A God Thing "

Posted by: deloris (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2009 11:35AM

hi, Mother hen,the sitchcomes froma pattern i got off the internet for a bamboo wool vest this stitch is at the beginning of thepattern was created by Dana Chan (www.redheart.com). this techique creates a foundation chain and a row of hdc in one. Technically, this could be considered a stackedextended.half=doubled crochet I wanted to make this pattern but quiet don't understandit.

Posted by: LI Roe (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2009 02:56PM

If it is any consolation, I have tried also to do the foundation stitch row using dc as the stitch and I just can't get the hang of it. There are people who find it very easy, and even with years of crocheting behind me, it just doesn't work for me.

LI Roe

Posted by: Mother Hen (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2009 10:21AM

Your post makes the Base stitch sound like this Half Double Crochet Base Chain.
I had these sites in my files and I do use the Base chain often .

See If the Video helps > If not I have some pictures
( double base ) from a site that is no longer operating > I can send them to you !

Half Double Crochet Base Chain
[www.wonderhowto.com]

Double Base Chain
[www.wonderhowto.com]

Double Crochet Base Chain
[www.wonderhowto.com]

Mother Hen <><
" Creating Is A God Thing "

Posted by: Mother Hen (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2009 11:57AM

I made this piece from the pattern that you posted.
I hope you can see were to place the first yo.
The first stitch might be the confusing, but once you get the idea going , it's wonderful.
I use the double base foundation chain often, but this is my first time seeing me do the hdc base chain.

The db makes for a more relaxed starting chain that looks the same length as the last row.

Unless I use a larger hook for the starting simple chain it looks tighter than the last row.

[i4.photobucket.com]

Mother Hen <><
" Creating Is A God Thing "

Posted by: mila3347 (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2009 06:37AM

The pattern says:
Foundation chain:
Ch 294 + 3 (first dc) + (first ch-1 space)

Posted by: craftsman (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2009 05:23PM

I've re-posted your entry so it appears (1) under its own topic, and (2) at the top of the list. See my response there.