Craft Yarn Council of America Home | Learn To Knit & Crochet Home | BACK

Advertising or commercial messages are not allowed on the forums.

Posters to these boards are knitters and crocheters like yourself. If you have a specific question for the Craft Yarn Council, please send an email message to: info@craftyarncouncil.com

To get the most out of these boards, before posting a topic, we suggest:

Scrolling through past posts to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Postings are in chronological order of the date when the topic was first posted. You can also use the SEARCH function to look for past posts about your question.

If you don't see your question addressed, or if you have additional questions, post a New Topic rather than replying to an existing topic. This will increase the likelihood of getting responses to your specific question. Also, try to describe your specific question in the topic subject line rather than "New Knitter" or "Help."

The more information you can provide in your question, the better the responses.

We hope you enjoy the postings on this board and will come back to share your knowledge with others.

Forums > Knitting

Re: Warmer weather ideas
Posted by: clover04750 (IP Logged)
Date: March 01, 2009 11:48PM

I just found this yarn called "Spice" onj the discount rack. It seems to stay cold, which isn't functional for a scarf...unless you just want a summer scarf/hip scarf for the boardwalk. It does shed a little.

There are some pretty dress and summer shirt patterns made from peaches and cream cotton. I honestly dont have the patience for a whole garnment yet :-(

Finger weight yarns are pretty nice for fall/summer lacy shawls. Forgive me, Im just starting to make lacy stuff and Im so impressed with it. Anyway, one can never have too many dishcloths and kerchiefs.

Subject Written By Posted
  Warmer weather ideas knittingmom 03/01/2009 05:37PM
  Re: Warmer weather ideas craftsman 03/01/2009 05:50PM
  Re: Warmer weather ideas knittingmom 03/01/2009 09:20PM
  Re: Warmer weather ideas clover04750 03/01/2009 11:48PM

This is the old forum archive. If you have new questions please post in the new forum.

©2007 Craft Yarn Council of America