We've moved to 3740 N. Josey Lane, Suite 102, Carrollton, TX 75007, Tel: 972-325-7232, Fax: 972-215-7333


long ago i saw a pic of crochet w/colorful stitching that appeared to be crochet on top. woven thru and between. i don't know what to call it to be able to search online. could anyone help


Did it look like the crochet stitches formed a mesh and then yarn or ribbon was woven through the meshes? If so, I would search for something like mesh crochet pattern

There is also something called "free form crochet" which is sometimes worked on a needlepoint or rug canvas, sometimes on other objects. You can search online for that.

Crochet (pronounced /kroʊˈʃeɪ/) is a process of creating fabric from yarn or thread using a crochet hook. The word is derived from the French word "crochet" meaning hook. Crocheting, similar to knitting, consists of pulling loops of yarn through other loops. Crochet differs from knitting in that only one loop is active at one time (the sole exception being Tunisian crochet), and that a crochet hook is used instead of knitting needles.

I think you may be asking about how to Crochet on a GRID.
You can search for that type of Crochet on several sites and Patterns are out there also.
You can even make your own design once you make a grid.
The Crochet Grid is made to look like Plastic Canvas with large holes.
I hope this is what you are searching for >

Mother Hen <><

My sister once tried to teach me how to crochet a hat on a grid, I think it was on a grid? Either way, it didn't work out well and I moved on. I have since seen some very good grid tutorials, try searching for it. You may find something.