Make It QuickTM Projects
Crochet it during lunch, fringe it during tea and toss it around your shoulders at dinner to stave off the evening chill.
- Triangle of 60" width by 15" height (excluding fringe)
- 12 oz. Worsted-weight yarn
- Size Q (16mm) crochet hook OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
6 sts and 4 rows to 4" over Half Double Crochet (hdc) with 2 strands held together and size Q (16mm) hook.
Single Crochet (sc)
For illustrations and instruction go to: www:learntocrochet.com/instructions_cr.php3
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
- Wrap the yarn over the hook and insert hook into the work (into the third chain from the hook at the beginning of rows).
- Wrap the yarn over the hook and pull through the work only (3 loops are on hook).
- Wrap the yarn again and draw through all 3 loops on hook at once.
Slip Stitch (Sl st)
- Insert the hook into the work.
- Wrap the yarn over the hook and draw the yarn through the work and through the loop on the hook in one movement.
SEE ABBREVIATIONS AT THE END OF THE PATTERN.
To start: Ch 93. Beg with 3rd chain from hook, work hdc into each st-90 sts.
Next row: Turn and decrease 3 sts at beg of row as foll: ch1, sl st into the 2nd st from the hook, sl st into the 3rd st from the hook; work hdc over 85 sts leaving last 3 sts unworked.
Next row: Turn and decrease 3 sts at beg of row as foll: ch1, sl st into the 2nd st from the hook, sl st into the 3rd st from the hook; work hdc over 79 sts leaving last 3 sts unworked.
Continue in this manner decreasing 3 stitches at beginning and 3 stitches at end of row until a total of 15 decrease rows have been worked and there is only 1 st left for last row (this stitch is the center point of the bottom of the triangular shawl). Fasten off.
Work single crochet around all edges of shawl. Make fringe along 2 bottom edges as follows: Cut yarn into 10" lengths; insert crochet hook through edge of shawl from back to front; fold fringe piece in half and place center onto hook; pull loop through work, then insert ends of fringe through loop and pull ends to tighten.
Hdc half double crochet
Sc single crochet
Sl st slip stitch
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of these instructions. We cannot be responsible, however, for variances in individual techniques, human errors or typographical mistakes.
©2000 Craft Yarn Council of America