Update 8/11/16: Craft Yarn Council’s MEGA Lemon Drive was so enthusiastically received that we are out of supplies and cannot accept any more registrations. Of course, we are counting on those individuals and groups that have already registered to ship their completed lemon stress balls to the address below NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 30, 2016 in order to be entered in prize drawing.
Remember Craft Yarn Council’s first Big Apple Lemon Drive last year? It was a campaign to promote the stress-reducing benefits of knit and crochet. Craft Yarn Council members and friends handed out hand knit and crocheted lemons on the streets of NYC. It was such a success, that in January 2017 we are taking our wellness message to the industry’s largest trade show: the Craft and Hobby Association 2017 MEGA Show and to thousands of retailers who attend.
To create the stash of lemons that we need for this second campaign, we are again reaching out to guilds, groups and yarn enthusiasts to help us knit and crochet thousands of lemons. To sweeten the appeal, we are having another contest with both cash and merchandise prizes!
- Register by August 31st and pledge to knit or crochet 50, 125 or 250 lemons.
- Thanks to the generosity of our yarn members (Caron, Lion Brand Yarn, and Red Heart), while supplies last CYC will ship groups and individuals the yellow and lime green yarn, plus fiberfill generously donated by Fairfield Processing, to complete the number of pledged lemons. OPEN ONLY TO U.S. GUILDS/GROUPS/INDIVIDUALS AND ONLY ONE YARN ORDER PER GUILD/GROUP/INDIVIDUAL PLEASE. Participants are encouraged to continue to make lemon stress balls using yellow and green yarns from their stash!
- For crochet and knit lemon patterns: download the PDFs on this page or visit: http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/health
All lemon stress balls must be shipped to the Council NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 30TH to be entered in the prize contest:
Craft Yarn Council
ATTN: MEGA Lemon Drive
3740 North Josey Lane Suite 102
Carrollton, TX 75007
The three guilds/groups and three individuals submitting the most lemons will win the following prizes. In the event of a tie, CYC will randomly select a winner. Cash prizes courtesy of Boye/Simplicity Creative Group and merchandise courtesy of CYC members.
Guilds & Groups
- 1st prize: Cash prize valued at $200
- 2nd prize: Cash prize valued at $100
- 3rd prize: Cash prize valued at $50
- 1st prize: Merchandise valued at $100
- 2nd prize: Merchandise valued at $75
- 3rd prize: Merchandise valued at $50
Thanks and good luck!
Special thanks to our sponsors: