What is a Make It Quick Project?
Make it Quick projects are knitted, crocheted or crafted with yarn. They are designed to be fast and easy to complete because they feature one or more of the following characteristics:
- easy stitches,
- multiply strands of yarn,
- large-size needles or hook, size 10-1/2 or larger, and
- simple shapes that require minimal assembly.
Make it Quick projects are good first projects. Remember, your first project should be both easy and fun. It's a good idea to pick a project that requires little or no shaping such as a scarf or pillow. Hats and cute bags, like the hot crocheted "sacks," are other ideas that require little or no shaping and depending on the patterns, simple sweaters and vests, shrugs and ponchos also make great first projects.
Choose from a wide array of yarns and colors, but to start a relatively smooth yarn is easiest to handle, such as a basic worsted-weight yarn. Patterns using two strands of yarn and large needles or hooks also can be excellent first project because they are quick to complete. Look for patterns with the Make It Quick logo that Craft Yarn Council members use to identify these super-quick designs and patterns marked: Beginner.
- Plush Pullover
- Two strands of chenille yarn, which is soft and drapable, were used to create this Make It Quick knitted pull-on top. All you do is knit two squares and join side and shoulder seams to complete. It's sooo easy!
- Seventeen Scarf
- Make the superlong Seventeen scarf!
- Knitted Poncho
- It's the fall cover up that everyone is asking for: the poncho. What's extra special about our '99 version is smart shaping, it's knitted from the neck down, and the pattern is offered in a long or cropped version. The new soft yarns work especially well for this pattern.
- Patchwork Afghan
- Worked in neutral colors, this Make It QuickTM afghan is the ideal throw for a favorite chair or sofa. Change yarn colors to those of your favorite football team and you'll be the hit of the stadium crowd and probably the warmest! The entire afghan is knitted with 2 strands of a color worked together.
- Knit Shrug
- An ideal first project. Large needles and three strands held together produce almost instant results and there are only two small seams to sew.
- Fall Shawl — Knit
- Here's a great Knit project, whether you've got years of experience or you're just starting out.
- M-I-Y JANE Scarf
- Crochet Shrug
- This hot fashion item can be worked up in a weekend or a few evenings. Two strands held together and a giant hook make it quick and there is absolutely no finishing. colors, like our granny square version, or make it a solid color.
- Crocheted T-Shirt
- Perfect for transitional dressing, this white T-Shirt looks especially crisp with the red crocheted borders. Boat-neck and mid-arm sleeves are nice details that make this a natural for late summer, early fall dressing. What you might not notice is that the shaping is simple — there is no increasing and decreasing. colors, like our granny square version, or make it a solid color.
- Crocheted Triangle Fashions
- A perfect summertime cover up, the trendy triangle head scarf is all the fashion rage. You can Make It Quick!, combining different yarn colors, like our granny square version, or make it a solid color.
- Crocheted Poncho
- It's the fall cover up that everyone is asking for: the poncho. What's extra special about our '99 version is smart shaping: it's crocheted from the neck down, and the pattern is offered in a long or cropped version. The new soft yarns work especially well for this pattern. colors, like our granny square version, or make it a solid color.
- Summer Coverup
- It drapes like a shawl, but it's actually a shrug, crocheted with two strands of worsted weight yarn on a Q hook. Have fun crocheting this Make It Quick pattern: for a tweed look, blend different solid colors or variegated shades, and for added texture, mix a brushed yarn with a smooth. Colors, like our granny square version, or make it a solid color.